Doug O’Neal has been with the firm since June of 2008. His expertise lies in the areas of estate planning (wills, trusts, asset protection, and trust modification/decanting), business entity work (formation of partnerships, LLCs and corporations, partnership and corporate tax, mergers and acquisitions, corporate lending and financing transactions, preparation and negotiation of corporate contracts and business succession planning).
Doug is a member of the Greenville Rotary Club. He and his family are active members of the Greenville Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church and work with Furman University students through Reformed University Fellowship.
He is married to Mary Teal O'Neal and they have three children. Doug is an avid cyclist who enjoys cooking, wine, travel and spending time with his family.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, (LL.M) Taxation (2008)
- Graduate Editor for the Florida Tax Review
- Recipient of the Richard B. Stephens Scholarship in Graduate Tax
- University of South Carolina School of Law, (J.D.) (2007)
- Senior Articles Editor of the ABA Real Property, Probate & Trust Journal
- Member of the Moot Court Bar
- Recipient of the CALI® Awards in Corporate Taxation and Limited Liability Company Planning
- Furman University, (B.A.) History (2002)
- South Carolina Supreme Court, Certified Specialist in Taxation Law
- South Carolina Supreme Court, Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law
- American Bar Association (Member)
- South Carolina Bar - Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Section (Executive Council Member)
- Tax Law Section (Member)
- Greenville County Bar Association (Member)
- Greenville Estate Planning Council (Member)
- Greenville Estate Planning Study Group (Member)
- Rotary Club of Greenville (Member)
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, and Trusts and Estates
- Named a Rising Star in South Carolina Super Lawyers (2013, 2015, 2018)