Andy’s practice is focused on the areas of: Mergers and Acquisitions, Business and Transactional Law, Succession Planning, Estate Planning and Estate Administration, Taxation, LLCs, Partnerships, Family Limited Partnerships and Corporations and Asset Protection Planning.
Andy and his wife, Erin, are members of Buncombe Street United Methodist Church in Greenville. He is also an active member at the Caine Halter Branch of the YMCA in Greenville.
Outside of the office, Andy enjoys playing tennis, fishing, classic cars and craft beer.
- Boston University School of Law, (LL.M) Taxation (2016)
- University of South Carolina School of Law, (J.D.) (2015)
- CALI Awards in Partnership Taxation, Legal Writing, Tort Theory, and Law, Society and Justice
- Capers Bouton Scholarship Award at the University of South Carolina School of Law
- Clemson University, (B.S.) Business Administration: Management, Cum Laude (2011)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Member)
- South Carolina Bar:
- Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Section (Executive Council Member)
- Tax Law Section (Executive Council Member)
- Greenville County Bar Association (Member)
- Greenville Estate Planning Council (Member)
- Greenville Estate Planning Study Group (Member)
Awards and Honors
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in the field of:
- Trusts and Estates (One to Watch 2021, in Greenville, South Carolina)
- Greenville Business Magazine Legal Elite Award Recipient (2018)
- Named a Rising Star in South Carolina Super Lawyers (2020)
Publications and Presentations
- The Evolution of Legal Malpractice in Estate Planning in South Carolina, South Carolina Lawyer, Co-Author – (2016)