Marie provides the firm with expertise in Estate Planning, Estate Administration, ERISA, Welfare Plan and Non Profit Law.
In addition to her service to Merline & Meacham, Marie is active in the Greenville community, serving on the Board of Directors of both The Community Foundation of Greenville and the Meals on Wheels Endowment.
Marie and her husband, Jeff Dunlaevy, have two children. When not busy with the firm or her civic activities, Marie enjoys gardening and reading.
- New York University, (LL.M) Taxation (2001)
- University of South Carolina School of Law, (J.D.) Cum Laude (2000)
- Member of the Order of Wig and Robe
- Research Editor of the ABA Real Property, Probate and Trust Journal
- Bowdoin College, (B.A.) English, Cum Laude (1996)
- AV Preeminent® rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association (Member)
- South Carolina Bar:
- Probate, Estate Planning and Trust Section (Member)
- Tax Law Section (Member-Past Chairperson)
- Greenville County Bar Association (Member)
- Greenville Estate Planning Council (Member)
- Greenville Estate Planning Study Group (Member)
- Board of Directors, Meals on Wheels Endowment, (2014-Present)
- Board of Directors, Community Foundation of Greenville, (2014-Present)
Awards & Honors
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in the fields of Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, (Lawyer of the Year 2018 in Greenville, South Carolina), Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, (Lawyer of the Year 2015 in Greenville, South Carolina), Non-Profit/charities Law, Trusts and Estates